WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE AND AFTER?
- When doing a cleanse, it’s important to ease in and out of your cleanse in order to maximize your cleanse results.
- There are several food groups that should be avoided leading up to a cleanse, and especially the day before. Meat, dairy, sugary, and heavily processed foods should be cut out at least one to two days prior to starting a juice cleanse. These foods are hard for your body to digest and use up a lot of energy to process. You want to eat light foods that your body will be able to digest easily.
- Fruit, vegetables, oatmeal, soups, and salads are great pre and post-cleanse meals. We suggest you prepare and eat light before and after.
WHEN SHOULD I PLAN ON DOING A JUICE CLEANSE?
- Plan on doing a juice cleanse when you have time to relax with little physical, emotional, social, or mental demands. Your body will be hard at work detoxing and burning fat so the less stress you can put on it the better you will feel and the better your results will be.
HOW MANY JUICES DO I DRINK A DAY?
- You will receive 6 juices per cleanse day. All six should be consumed each day, however it is common to be more or less hungry day by day.
- If you don’t feel hungry enough to finish all 6 juices in one day, save them. Your appetite could vary from one day to the next, and you may need more than 6 juices one day during the course of your cleanse.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DRINK THE JUICES?
- How often you drink the juices really depends on when you get hungry. There is no right time to drink them, just listen to your body.
IN WHAT ORDER SHOULD I DRINK THE JUICES?
- There is no particular order in which you should drink the juices. The most important thing is to just make sure you are drinking all of them throughout the day.
- If you are doing one of our cleanses that has more than 1 green juice in it, try to alternate the green juice with the other juices throughout the day.
SHOULD I DRINK WATER DURING THE CLEANSE?
- You should also be drinking plenty of water during a juice cleanse. Your body will be hard at work detoxifying and will be using up lots of water in the process, leaving you feeling tired, hungry, and can even cause headaches. Adding lemon, lime, cucumbers, or berries to water is super refreshing and makes drinking water a little more fun!
CAN I DRINK COFFEE AND/OR TEA?
- Yes. Infact, if you are a regular coffee or tea drinker, and do not have a month to ween yourself off of it, we suggest continuing to drink during your cleanse for the following reason…
- Coffee contains caffeine which, for lack of a better word, is a drug. And a powerful one at that! If you drink full strength coffee everyday then your body is addicted to caffeine, and quitting cold turkey can give you some serious headaches.
- If you are planning your cleanse for a few days from now, keep drinking coffee, however... drink it black without any milk, cream, flavored creamers, sugar or sugar substitutes.
- If you have enough time before you want to start your cleanse (4 weeks or so) you can slowly ween yourself off of full strength to decaf by increasing the amount of decaf you drink each week by 25%. (Week 1- 25% decaf, Week 2- 50% decaf, Week 3- 75% decaf, Week 4- 100% decaf). Might be a good thing to consider regardless of your plans to do a juice cleanse.
What if I have to skip a day?
- It’s ok! Plans change! If you are only skipping one day, make sure you eat very light and healthy foods (the same as you would the day before a cleanse).
- If you have to skip a few days, you can leave the remaining juices in the freezer (or refreeze the juices in your refrigerator) and pick it back up when it is convenient for you!